Joint Doctorate Program
The main part of the PhD research will be carried out at the hiring institution. An academic secondment (6 to 12 months depending on the project) will be spent at the double degree awarding host institution. Additionally, some Early Stage Researchers will spent additional secondments of 3-4 months at an industrial partner organization.
The date of recruitment and start of the PhD project is planned for May 2021 and latest on December 2021. Your PhD degree will be awarded based on successful completion of the research work from two universities with two PhD certificates (double-degree). You will also be required to participate in the training events and workshops organized by the ITN-European Joint Doctorates (EJD) program. As a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions fellow, you are also expected to contribute your time in the dissemination of your PhD project’s result through public engagement and other scientific platforms.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented PhD students
- Holding an outstanding M.Sc. degree in Synthetic Biology, Biological chemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or related fields
- Ability to work in an international team,
- Inter- and multidisciplinary thinking,
- High motivation,
- An integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills,
- Fluency in English – written and oral.
The following eligibility rules apply for participation in a Marie Skłodowska Curie Innovative Training Network:
- ESRs must not have resided in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country) – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention 1.
- ESRs must be at the date of recruitment an ‘early stage researcher’ (i.e. in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of his or her research career)
- ESRs must not have a doctoral degree
We offer temporary work contracts (3-4 years) for PhD candidates at the hiring institutions for full time positions with salaries according to the Marie Curie-Sklodowska innovative training network regulations. For more details see single ESR position advertisements.
From documents provided at application a first selection of eligible candidates will be based on criteria including motivation and scientific background/skills/experience but also other skills/experiences such as teaching, supervision, teamwork, knowledge transfer, management of research and innovation and public awareness activities, patents. Mobility experience and the impact on the career or the applicant are considered as well. Selected candidates will be invited to a first round of interviews were additional criteria like communication skills, fitting into the team will be evaluated. First three ranked candidates will be invited for an online recruitment event in spring 2021 where the thesis boards for each ESR position under contribution of the gender board will decide on final job offers.
- A letter of motivation including a statement of your research interests, relevant skills and experience;
- A CV including publication list;
- Names and contact details of three referees willing to write confidential letters of recommendation;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to building a diverse project team so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines on recruitment of the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers